Here are five ways to fend off food cravings:
1. Procrastinate: You know you’re good at this. Tell yourself you’ll eat it later and do something else. Most times, you won’t get back to it.
2. Toss it: The peanut M&Ms you hid behind the Kashi cereal in your pantry are calling you. Throw them away, and take the trash out. Then see #3.
3. Get moving: When a craving grips you, walk your dog, turn on your Wii Just Dance, or tackle that mountain of clutter on your desk. You’ll feel self-righteous, which is a powerful antidote to food cravings.
4. Drink up: Mild dehydration can cause feelings of hunger. Drink a tall glass of cool water, wait 10 minutes, and see if that craving doesn’t go away
5. Change your habits: Cravings are often psychological. So remove food triggers. Associate Jay Leno with a nightly bowl of ice cream? Change up your routine to break the pattern.
How about you? Got strategies that work? Share them with us below.
Photo credit: FCC, christopher frier brown