Is she beautiful?
Many of you will disagree on the answer. Beauty, after all is subjective.
Or is it?
Everyone has a different opinion as to what is beautiful. But there are some facial features that most people will agree are attractive. Research, conducted at the University of Regensburg in Germany, sought to determine which features are considered beautiful. The photo above was computer generated using a morphing program that incorporated responses from hundreds of people on what makes a face attractive.
Data from their studies showed that surface characteristics (such as smooth, evenly pigmented skin) were more important in determining beauty than other factors (such as symmetry or face shape).
They also found that for female faces, “baby face” characteristics, such as large eyes, was attractive. For men, full dark eyebrows were rated as attractive. (This is good for me.)
So if you are a woman who wants to be beautiful:
- Focus on the smoothness of the color and texture of your face. Fine lines and uneven dullness can easily be improved by moisturizing everyday.
- Try a moisturizing cleanser like Kiehl’s Ultramoisturizing Cleansing Cream
- At night use a moisturizing night cream like Oil of Olay’s Regenerist
- Splotchy colors can be prevented by wearing a moisturizer with a sunscreen everyday
- Try Olay’s Complete Defense Daily UV Moisturizer with SPF 30
- If you have irregular pigmentation, namely brown spots, try a cream such as Black and White with 2% hydroquinone, a bleaching agent.
- Aveeno also has facial creams that smooth pigment. Try Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 30.
- Use concealer to cover minor blemishes.
- If you have uneven redness, try a moisturizer such a Eucerin Redness Relief Soothing Moisture Lotion SPF 15.
- To get that wide, baby-like-eyes look
- Apply a light shade of shadow just below your brow
- Apply a medium shade of shadow to your main lid
- Apply a line of darker shadow along the crease of your lid to the outer edge
- Apply eye liner along the length of your upper lid, just above your lash line. Then repeat on your lower lid, meeting the lines at the outer corner of your eye.
What if you are a man and want to have a beautiful face?
- Try growing some eyebrows, Dawg.
Post written by Jeffrey Benabio, MD
You might also like: